Monday, June 03, 2024

Regarding the Quail

We have raised quail many times off and on since 1995. This time, there is much more of an interest in the birds and quail products than ever before. Part of that is the larger Asian and Latin American populations near us. 

While I will not brag about how well we are doing, I will tell you that we eat the eggs and meat for free. Free meals! Our grocery bills are being reduced. Even better, I can bless family, friends, and strangers with eggs and meat. I have also been able to educate young families and older couples on how to raise their own food to help cut their costs and allow them to eat healthier.

We are just getting started and our name is not really out there yet, but the quail are more than supporting themselves. I am steadily refining how I am doing things to make it less work and more profitable. 

God has truly been blessing us! I am so very thankful and am filled with joy while working the quail. (I do hate it when I have losses though.)

I am thrilled to be able to offer my family another type of hormone and antibiotic-free meat. This is something I can handle on my own from start (incubating) to finish (harvesting). That is very satisfying also.

My love to all!