Thursday, September 06, 2018

A quick update

I have just returned home for the first time in a couple of days and am very tired from working in the heat for hours today. Please excuse the typos. I head back out tomorrow morning and return home Saturday evening...I think. I am so tired of sweating and am so ready for fall weather! Most of the posts I make are pre-scheduled and set for 12 a.m. This one was posted to let our friends and family know about Clint and has a current time, not the 12 a.m. of the pre-scheduled.

Prayer need: This is the reason I am posting. Clint gave blood through the Red Cross at work yesterday. They poked him a few times on one side and couldn't get it right. They went to the other side, got it started easily, but had to stop right after. They had nicked the vein, and it gave him a good sized hematoma.

He followed their instructions to keep ice on it, but it has still grown. He has a hard spot that is warm and painful. It might be a problem. We are keeping an eye on it.

He and/or his coworkers have had something like this happen every year. I do not know if they are sending student nurses to these places or what, but it is making people not want to give blood. After over a dozen injuries like this over the years, Clint is reconsidering his participation.


*************

While I am here, we received good news for a family member, but I can't share who or what yet. They don't even know yet!


*************

A big thanks to Bethany who is running the household while I am way from home! She is a tremendous help!

*************

A big thanks to Amanda for putting Rumble up after he escaped today! He would do that while I am not home!

*************

A big thank you to Brandon for picking up and bringing supper to Clint and I tonight! And, thank you Amanda for coming to spend time with me and for helping me out! Both of you added sunshine to my day!


Psalm 34:8 
Taste and see that the LORD is good; 
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him,