Monday, March 16, 2020

NONE of that has taught me to be fearful

I was told I "obviously haven't been through enough tragedy to comprehend the seriousness of this coronavirus situation to know that I should be very afraid."

Let's take a very hurried and brief look back at some events in my life: a flooded FEMA declared natural disaster of a home with a 24 hour old baby in my arms and four small children, another crazy labor and delivery in another hurricane, a 20 minute unplanned home birth, a tornado through my property, a very large very scary fire loss, being evacuated for another fire and coming home to find fire inches from two buildings, being nearly hit head on in what was a fatal car crash (he just missed us, we were first responders), holding my dead babies in nine stillbirths/miscarriages, rushed to the ER for hemorrhaging, severe hyperemesis gravidarum (vomiting many times a day for 8 months on end), preterm labor, a ripped esophagus (from the HG) that wouldn't stop bleeding that's left me scar tissue and near daily issues, an autoimmune disorder (EBV), a poorly working thyroid, a child listed into the missing databases while helicopters searched for her, watching my husband deteriorate with Lyme's Disease and feeling so helpless about it, watching people I love die in awful ways, my son's lung collapsing three times this past fall, someone creeping around and stealing on our place and then shooting at me because they thought I saw them and missing me by only inches a couple of years ago, coming up on a rollover accident and realizing my daughter was driving the flattened and twisted truck,

and more I have chosen to keep to myself...

I guess, if you expand upon what was said, in a way they are right.

NONE of that has taught me to be fearful, but it has taught me...


how to walk with and trust in the Lord.

There is a STORM on the horizon. My peace, hope, happiness, and life rest safely in the Lord's hands. I love the Rock on which I am standing, and I choose to stay here. I choose the peace knowing the Lord brings.

If you have been curious about who Jesus is, I encourage you to consider a relationship with Him today. If you do know Him, I encourage you to take your faith very seriously and build upon that relationship. 

Study the Word! Pray hard! Armor Up! There is a spiritual side to what is about to unfold. Ask the Lord to give you wisdom in the days ahead, to help you have compassion for those who are fearful, and to be His voice during these dark times.