Thursday, March 25, 2021

How I Calmed My Seasonal Allergies with Vitamin C

First posted 9/18/15: 

A few weeks ago, I developed a horrible case of seasonal allergies. It was the worst case I've ever had. I was miserable!

I tried to break up the congestion with a vegetarian diet, fasting, Thai spices, diphenhydramine, various herbs, Neil Med Nasal Wash, sprays, pseudoephedrine HCI, etc. Some provided a little temporary relief, but nothing let me rest at night. I was desperate but could not catch a break from the congestion. A good friend of mine suggested I get a steroid shot to give me some relief. I really did not want to go that route. 

After about two weeks, I gave up and stayed in bed all day hoping to get some much needed rest. I decided to redeem the time by watching a documentary called Food Matters. While watching that, I remembered my studies which taught me Vitamin C at high doses works as an antihistamine. After doing a refresher course in my health and nutrition textbooks and on the internet, I decided to try mega-doses of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid to be specific) and see what happened with the congestion. 

I tried 3,000 mg 4 times a day and had no side effects, but my horrible congestion is gone! After the first night, I felt well enough to get back on the treadmill again! I am a little too dry at this rate, so I going to lower it to 2,000 mg 3xs a day now that I can finally rest. Thank You, Lord for leading me to a simple and quick solution!

If you do your own research, you will see Vitamin C is very safe with very few side effects at high doses. It even has a sort of built-in safety guide. Loose bowels mean you need to back off on the dose a bit. I plan to study deeper about the IV Vitamin C and cancers and other diseases mentioned in the documentary.

*I share this information not intending to replace medical advice. I am simply sharing what worked for me. By all means, seek help from a medical professional if you feel it is necessary. If you choose to implement the same things as I, then you alone are solely responsible for the results. In all things, do your own research and use knowledge with wisdom.