Wednesday, September 29, 2021

I want to learn to be more self reliant but

I want to learn to be more self-reliant because I believe times will get harder soon. There's so much I want to do and learn. With my ADD, I just get so worked up and overwhelmed. Where should I start?

Since you desire to learn a lot of skills, why not buy a book or two that broadly covers homesteading skills like The Encyclopedia of Country Living or Back to Basics: How to Learn and Enjoy Traditional American Skills? Then you have the knowledge in an easily accessible form and knowing that may help calm your mind. After that, I'd pick the area that would give me the biggest return for the least amount of money and time investment. I started like this in the early 90s. After I got a handle on that skill, I moved to the next. It did not take as long as you might think to become proficient in the different skills I desired to learn. It also might be helpful to write out and post your goals divided into steps. Then when your ADD interferes, go to the list and use it to reorganize your thoughts. 

Please use the search bar in the upper left-hand corner to see if any posts here might help you. Feel free to email (in the header) with any questions. I love helping others learn.