Friday, June 09, 2023

A Cup of Happy - Moringa Pineapple Ginger Kombucha

kombuchacupofhappy

What makes me happy? homemade ginger pineapply kombucha

I use black tea, moringa powder, ginger, and pineapple in mine.

***

Health benefits of kombucha:

better nutrient absorption
improved digestion
detoxification support through enzymes and acids that aid in detoxing the liver
improved immune function
anti-inflammatory effects (inflammation is a key component in disease)
antioxidants that slow aging and prevent disease
heart health through lower cholesterol and blood pressure
improved mental well being-healthy gut/happy mind
increased energy
increased mental clarity

health benefits of ginger:

stimulates digestion
reduces bloating
the compounds gingerol and shogoal are anti-inflammatory
relieves morning sickness (but not hyperemesis gravidarum ask me how I know)
relieves pain and soreness by inhibiting prostaglandins
improves circulation by dilating blood vessels
supports healthy immune function
improves insulin sensitivity
soothes irritated airways, helps respiratory conditions
improved cognitive function


health benefits of moringa:

super food packed with essential nutrients
high levels of antioxidants which protect cells from disease-causing damage
anti-inflammatory
strengthens the immune system
bioactive compounds that inhibit the growth of cancer cells
reduce risks of certain types of cancers
improves insulin sensitivity
lowers LDL cholesterol
improves digestion
skin health improvement

health benefits of pineapple:

nutrient dense
promotes good energy levels
immune system support
skin health
bromelain breaks down proteins which promotes better digestion 
better nutrient absorption
anti-inflammatory
promotes joint health by reducing swelling from arthritis
helps protect the eyes from oxidative stress
reduces the risk of age-related macular degeneration and cataracts
promotes electrolyte balance
reduces mucus and congestion
weight loss benefits attributed to the better digestion


Dear Reader, Making this fizzy drink for my family to consume brings me joy. It also keeps me busy since I have to make six gallons of it a week. Then I have to chase down my glass bottles! (They don't always bring them back home.) I hope you are having a good week! My love to all!