Monday, August 07, 2023

Safely Home from NJ and a Prayer Request for Mary Anne

We are safely home. Thank you to all who were praying for us as we traveled. We could tell prayers were being lifted on our behalf. The work and heavy long haul went very smoothly. Unbelievably smoothly!

We arrived home around 3 a.m. on the 6th. Yesterday saw us moving the largest load home. We had to leave that in a commuter lot overnight because it was too dark to navigate through the narrow opening of our driveway. We did that move on Sunday. Caleb did it effortlessly! His experience with heavy and wide loads was such a tremendous blessing to us.

Today, we are unpacking and preparing for me to leave for the next few nights so I can do some painting on a project I am finishing up for someone. We have the next project planned, but it will not take us from home so much.

While I am painting, I will start working out in my head an order of operations for that one. Clint has told me some of what he has to do, so I just need to figure out how and when we can get it done. When I get that loosely planned, I'll take it to Clint and then we will refine it together. Team Asbell continues to roll along on this wonderful journey called life. 

Please keep praying for our friend Mary Anne who has a very aggressive form of stomach cancer. She is having a hard time nourishing herself today. She is experiencing also some depression. She loved the gifts and card our family sent to her. We received a picture as a thank you which really made our day.