Monday, September 18, 2023

Sam's Club, You Can Do Better Than This

I ordered 16 of the Butterfield Farms Roast Beef from Sam's Club to keep on hand for hiking/camping, etc. They are sold in packages of four. They shipped 14 (!!!!) of them inside one box that arrived busted open. The other two were sent in a separate box. LOL!

Then, some of the top cans were busted and the beef was spread all over the box. It had been warm, so the smell was atrocious! Ugh! The whole house stunk. I cleaned off the cans that were still sealed. Many of them were dented which is not good either.

We called Sams. They told us we had to send the opened cans back to them. Clint requested a mailer. They said they would have their boss call us back. No one called. That was about ten days ago.

Then we called again to follow up. They told us we had the product too long to make a complaint, so tough luck. We explained we HAD called within their timeframe (which we had only just heard about during the previous call) but they failed to call us. They said someone would call us back. How does Costco and BJs treat their customers when there is an issue like this? I am thinking about changing memberships.

It's been another five days without hearing from them like the promised.

I hope to avoid this situation in the future by making orders of two at a time until I get the quantity I need.

Cans are being made thinner and thinner. I have read numerous people complaining that pop-top lids like this are failing during air pressure changes.

I figured I'd share and try to at least save someone from losses if possible.

#SamsClub #BJs #Costco