Saturday, September 23, 2023

Worth more than gold to me

MaryAnnBlanket4

I do not cry easily or frequently, but this made me cry.
What an honor it is to know that Clint and I were able to minister to this beautiful soul in her last weeks.

I do not share things we do like this often. This time I am because...

To be honest, I did not think the few items we sent Mary Ann were much of a gift. Her daughter had confided in me about her very aggressive cancer, so I wanted to reach out to Mary Ann to give her love and support. I wondered about the appropriateness of the gifts and if I should even send the gifts and card at all.

I almost didn't send them.

I almost missed out on blessing this precious woman.

Her daughter told us she kept the blanket with her until she was no longer here.

She died with the blanket I almost didn't send.

I am so thankful God nudged me to go ahead and "do the thing." Isn't He good to us?

The Lord took that little bit and made it "enough" to show His love and our love to Mary Ann. I am thankful to Him for working it out the way He did. I am also humbled He would work to let us know how much she liked the gifts and the card. 

Being the woman she was, she sent us a card in return, but this picture is priceless to my heart. It is the encouragement I so need right now at this time in my life. God is so very good to us!

I have printed out the picture to keep in my home to remind myself to ignore my insecurities and hesitations and reach out to people more with God's love for them.

Don't just think about reaching out or doing something nice for someone, put actions to your thoughts. You might not know it matters, but it does. 

Mary Ann showed love and grace everywhere she went. She was a Proverbs 14:1 wise woman who knew how to forgive and keep her family together through many hurts, disappointments, ups, and downs. She built up her family and made them strong with God's love and grace. What an example she leaves for us to follow! What a legacy of faith and love she has left behind! 

It brings great comfort and joy to my heart to know I will see her in eternity. Have I told you how good God is?

There isn't anything special or good about Wendy, but the God who saved her is overwhelming with His love. You don't want to miss out on the relationship you can have with Him.

Thank you to those who were praying with us for her. Please pray for the comfort of her family. My love to all!