Thursday, October 05, 2023

Will you build or tear down?

Years ago, a person made me feel unloved, unwanted, and outright rejected. They had just met me and looked me up and down with pure rejection.

Over the next several years, I watched them tear down their own house with their own hands. As the years passed, I saw what they reaped. I saw what the great treasure they had thrown away. It pained me for their sake. I kept praying things would change, but some hearts never soften. Seeing what they reaped scared me because I realized how easily it can happen if we are not careful how we treat others.

I asked the Lord to keep me from doing the same. I did not want to be responsible for making anyone feel the horrible way the rejection had made me feel.
On the 19th of September, I was thanked in person for being so welcoming and loving. They said I have made them feel so loved and no one in my position had done that for them. The others had not even come close.

I praise the Lord for the rejection and hostility I received so many years ago and the lessons I learned from it. I learned how not to be. That moment took a weight off my shoulders. I can do better than what was done to me.

I don't want to tear down. That emulates the thief in John 10:10.

I want to BUILD. I want to represent Christ. I want to give a testimony for Him for His glory.

To God be the glory for the lessons He has taught me from the "less than nice" people. It really stinks to be treated as if you are unwelcomed, unworthy, and unwanted. By the grace of God, each of us can learn from those experiences and strive to do better. We can BUILD for His glory and our own benefit. Thank you, Jesus, for the work you have done in my life.

God is good!