Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve 2018

candycanes

Schedules did not work out for us to play the Candy Cane game this year.
We might work it in on Christmas Day.


christmasmorning


christmasmorning2

The poor tree! About 15 minutes after we finished decorating it, 
Bethany's cat, Grey, ran straight up it and nearly toppled it. 
Fast thinking Asbell men saved it from crashing.
Grey attacked the tree so much, I thought about s̶h̶o̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶  
uh, well, making him the tree topper.

wisemenbags

I took the picture at a weird angle to get all of our Wise Men Bags on the staircase. Everyone received "chocolate oranges," an Asbell favorite, again this year.

I have always tried to make our Christmas Day a full sensory experience. Before anyone awakens on Christmas morning, I have the holiday lights on, the presents out, and the stockings filled. I have Christmas music playing low in the background. I boil a pot of water filled with orange peels, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to make the house smell like Christmas. I keep warm throws for people to snuggle under while we chat. We keep our Christmas Day fare very simple with ham with cheddar and turkey on cocktail croissants. Emily told me this year how very much she loves it all! THAT made my Christmas!