Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Not a Creature was Stirring...

mouse

I've lived here since May 31, 1995. We have seen many mice in our feed shed and under dog houses, but this is only the third one I've seen in our house. The cats usually keep them away from the house. Our most excellent mouser is now a geriatric with only a few teeth. The rest have been fed too well and have become lazy!

One of the best tricks for catching mice that I've come across is gluing cat food to the catch mechanism. I also smear peanut butter on top of the bait and pipe (think cake decorating), with a cut corner of a plastic food storage bag, a little peanut butter into the hollow section of the catch. Then I smear a little peanut butter on the wooden platform to increase the scent of the bait. When attempting to catch any wild animal, scent is important

Update: It took less than an hour to catch a very fat male mouse. I'll leave the traps down for another week to see if there are any more.


lessthananhour

Mama Asbell's Bible Challenge: Were you aware of the five golden mice in the Bible? It will take you less than three minutes to read the story. (Click the words "five golden mice")