Thursday, October 17, 2019

Farewell and Happy Journeys Little Jo

littlejolastpict

Little Jo found a home with a herpetologist who said that I did an "excellent job" in caring for her all of these years. He was excited to find a healthy female sulcata with a smooth shell that he said told the story of "excellent animal husbandry." It was reassuring and encouraging! He assured us he is experienced, knows what he is getting into, and can give her all she needs as she grows. 

I feel very good about the home we found for her, but I still feel a sadness at having to part with such a unique and personable creature. 

I still have the outdoor turtles who were injured and can't live in the wild any more. They have babies I release into the wild. They are about to start brumating any time now, so we are feeding them well to see them through the winter.