Monday, October 21, 2019

Something I Enjoy

toGodbetheglory

I tell young people God never wastes anything. As a young wife, I took an interior design course. I have used it off and on through the years. My husband bragged about me to someone for what I did previously, so I am getting to help layout another kitchen that is being renovated. I'm thrilled!

This isn't anywhere near perfect in scale, but it is a free program I can use to help me visualize the placement of the elements. It only offers certain sizes of cabinets and appliances, so I have to imagine the rest. The red fridge is the closest in size to the homeowner's existing fridge which is white.

I had to work around three doors, one window, and create a pass through opening while giving maximum counter and cabinet space. I like a challenge! I think I can help the homeowner accomplish all they were desiring in the small kitchen they have. They are very pleased with what I have done so far.

I'd rather have workspace on both sides of the stove, but that wasn't as important to the homeowner. The kitchen work triangle is not desirable, but it will still be a very workable kitchen. The other door and pass through are in the wall you can't see. The pass through will have a counter and barstools on the kitchen side. Just outside the door on the left is where pantry storage will be.