Saturday, October 05, 2019

Friendships

"My friend is pursuing darkness. I think I know what the right thing to do which is to stop associating with her to continue my journey to be what God wants me to be. "

If this is what you feel is the right thing to do in your situation, then you should do it. That could be the Holy Spirit steering you away for your own protection.

I have been in this situation before. A key component in friendship is encouragement and support. I could not encourage or support my friend's activities because I knew what God said. What my friend was doing was supporting something God said to stay away from, that's a big NO for those of us who want to be close to the Lord. So I distanced myself. They eventually faded out of my life on good terms. They came back into my life many years later, and I saw how God had kept me clear of the trouble and turmoil they brought on themselves and those around them.

Our choices matter. Our choices very often come down to obedience or rebellion. Your choices will affect your relationship with the Lord.

In depth Bible studies on the topics of her types of activities and friendships might help clarify the situation for you. Ephesians 5:15 Choose wisely.