Friday, August 13, 2021

A K Update

Using a Bible verse, I alluded to the fact that K believed she was under attack from demons in a post last year so our more perceptive prayer warriors would know how to pray. She is open to sharing more regarding that now that it looks like her former home has sold. 

When she was younger, Amanda had a friend with a sister who self-harmed. Through that situation, we learned there are things that can cause people to regress in their journey. Trying to be respectful and conscientious of those needs, I warn readers that there might be some triggers ahead. If you are one who struggles, you should quit reading now. I ask for forgiveness for when I forget to add a warning to sensitive content. Some things, I am just not aware of and sometimes I simply forget, so I ask for grace and patience. 

I am not using names like I have in other updates because when K started telling people what was happening, she was ridiculed and basically abandoned. Even her church family did not lend her any support. I know her father was scared to death for her. He turned to his church first. No help. So, he turned to Clint and I and our wonderful praying friends. We don't want to somehow inadvertently restart the juvenile things she was experiencing so we are being super careful. With that being explained...

Christians claim to believe in the work of the Holy Spirit and the ministry of angels, but they pretend demons are gone away or never existed. The Bible clearly tells us we are in a spiritual war. So, who are we in a war with? Maybe the dismissive attitudes regarding this today reflect how greatly the church has been deceived by a cunning enemy. I am floored by how blind the average Christian is to the darkness all around them. Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

K believes there are demons connected to her old house. They were tormenting her night and day. She heard voices. She had night terrors, saw things that shouldn't be there, and much more. It made her feel like she was losing her mind. Her sanity was questioned by everyone. These things led to her self-harming in a horrific fashion so often that her parents thought she would end up dying from the blood loss. Gruesome stuff. Now that she is out of the house, she is much better but has PTSD. There is more to the story that might give more understanding, but I do not want to go too far with details.

I believe you, K. 

The following incident happened in my county over a decade ago. A man was driving home when another driver focused on him and started driving threateningly. She was enraged. He had no idea why. She followed him home trying to ram his car off the road many times on the way. She was heard by several witnesses screaming from her car, "YOU DON'T KNOW JESUS!! WE CAN KILL YOU!!" There was much more along those lines that she screamed at him. When he got out of his car and tried to run inside of his house while his poor wife looked on, the enraged driver rammed his body with her car and killed him. 

After I read the court transcript of the enraged woman's testimony, there was no doubt in my mind that demons were active players in this incident. She made it very clear. I have read many other transcripts from other court cases with similar testimonies. One of my cousins had something very dark happen to him after he gave demons an entry. One of my friends from elementary school will tell you point-blank demons terrorized him for many years. He could see and speak with them. 

On the other side, I knew a toddler (who is now full-grown, married, and an excellent mother today) who could see deceased people and describe them in great detail. Her family kept it quiet only letting those in their circle know what was happening because they were afraid of what might happen to her if it got out. I can tell you it was not a parlor trick. This child knew things (names, relationships, places, dates, stories) that she could not have possibly known. There are more many more stories I could share of Christian friends' positive "supernatural" type encounters including a few of my own. 

So, again, K, I believe you. 

just in case: Please do not distort my meaning by saying I am calling all mental illnesses spiritual battles. Please show me the same grace and understanding you would like to receive if you were trying to make a case for someone you cared about who was not being heard about what happened to them. I have an aunt who struggled with years with several chemical imbalances and was greatly helped by correcting those physical needs. I had issues with serotonin and dopamine levels after baby losses. I used my knowledge of herbal medicine to correct it for the long term. So, I am very well aware not all mental illnesses are spiritual in nature. What I am saying is that demons that work against people do exist. I believe our young friend when she says this was true in her case.

Please join me in prayer that K never has to battle like that again. Ask God to protect her and greatly bless her with a strong faith. Please pray that her testimony helps someone else in their journey. Please also pray that whatever was/is in that house is bound and unable to torment another person. God is able!

Dear Reader, I encourage everyone to study the Bible regarding the spiritual war we are in whether we choose to participate or sit idly by. I ask others to show grace and try to gain understanding when people share they are being plagued by evil or any other thing not easily understood. It really doesn't matter what you think about what they tell you they are going through. Your response is supposed to be based on their need. Now, if you can read the entirety of the Bible and come away from it thinking evil forces are not active and do not work against mankind today, I would like to know what verses you base that on. My love to all!