Wednesday, August 18, 2021

What happens when food stamps increase?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/food-stamps-permanent-increase-biden-administration-25-percent/

I've been here a while. I've seen the pattern. Stock up at lower prices while you can. If the businesses are doing this, and they are, and it is being called a good financial move, then it is a good move for you and I also. 

I am not arguing the necessity of the increase. I am saying I've seen how one thing leads to another.

***

Speculation only, but it could get to where some or most of us can not find or purchase all we need for one week. In that instance, we will need to supplement from our garden or stored foods. Make sure you look after the shut-ins in your neighborhood and circle of friends.

In one community I am in, people are already bartering for goods. One person can't find a needed item. Another has plenty, so they make an exchange to help each other out. Keep this in mind as we go forward. 

There is a whole gamut of emotions going through most of us. Prices on everything, lockdowns, viruses, election battles, supply issues, Taiwan, Afghanistan, protests all over, natural disasters, and much more. When the news is stealing your peace, it is time to step back and spend time with the Lord. Reflect on WHO He is and what He has promised us. Reflect on who we are in Him. Memorize a verse that comforts you. -->Speak His truth out loud.<--Remember every step we take forward takes us closer to eternity with Him. We just have to get through this last part. I do not know how bad it is going to get, but I know what comes after. Better yet, I know WHO is coming! MaranathaMy love to all!

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: 
not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 
John 14:27

Let not = you have the ability to discipline/calm/control your fear
Practice now.

You can't teach someone to swim while they are drowning because their fear will prevent them from learning. You have to teach them to swim before the crisis occurs so the training will kick in when needed. Work now to manage your fear so it is easier to manage later, in case bigger things are ahead. Prepare your body, mind, and soul. Prepare your family and home. Your mental state is very crucial to your outcome.

I am of the conviction that most of our issues with runaway fear come from having our focus in the wrong place. Faith is expecting God to act on our behalf, but fear is watching what the devil is doing. Where is your focus?