Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Extracting Capsaicin From Serrano Peppers

liniment5 
linament1 
linament2 
liniment4

I purchased five pounds of serrano peppers. After they were sliced and placed on the dehydrator I used alcohol to extract the capsaicin from the part that is normally thrown away. I use this in a liniment I make with other herbs to relieve pain and speed the healing of deep muscle strains and sprains. Within 10 minutes we could see the alcohol extracting properties from the leftover bits. It's really cool to watch it start and then grow darker.

We already invested our money in the peppers. Why not be a good steward and get all we can use out of them? I saved the seeds from the six largest peppers too. In three weeks, I will have seeds to share. Next spring, I can sell some of the plants I start to more than recover the cost of the peppers. (The five pounds was $3.20 from the big box W.) That's like getting free food and medicine. It took me about 15 minutes to slice the peppers and another 5 to start the liniment. "Waste not, want not."

Dear Reader, Peppers can leave your mouth on fire, but I know something even hotter. I know Someone who put my soul on fire! I encourage you to get to know Him. If you already know Him, I am praying for you and me to get to know Him even better. May we boldly preach His name wherever we go! My love to all!


Jesus is

‘the stone that you builders thought was not important.
    But this stone has become the cornerstone.’

Jesus is the only one who can save people. His name is the only power in the world that has been given to save anyone. We must be saved through him!”

Acts 4:11-12