Saturday, June 11, 2022

Mustache Paul

Oh, Mustache Paul!

How our family has discussed you and prayed for you! Thank you for opening the door to showing us how to better pray for you.

Firstly, if you wanted to conceal your identity from us, you should have picked other phrases instead of ones we and others only ever heard from you. Ah, boy, you gave yourself away!

Secondly, I'd say it is your delivery that needs work. Your attempts to conceal your identity never once fooled us. Utter failure on your part!

Thirdly, your language choices! We also didn't expect you to be offended by someone witnessing to you either. 

Fourthly, we noticed the things you did not "say" more than the ones you did. 

Fifthly, I can share every thing I wrote to you openly and attach my real name to it. I am not ashamed of anything I shared with you. Can you say the same? Why not? What does that say about your level of integrity? What does that say about your walk with Christ?

If you were living for Christ*, you would not continue to do the things you do towards us. We forgive you for everything, and we will continue to pray for you and yours. 

I know you do not believe it is true, but we truly do care for you and are praying for you and yours. We rejoice when people share that things are going well for you. We are sorry when we hear bad news about you, but we get to work interceding on your behalf asking God all of the same kinds of things   we would pray for ourselves. We even give your first names and general needs to prayer groups outside of our shared circle of friends. 

I have deleted your number from my phone. Remember, you opened that door wide when you contacted me first. 

I do apologize for the typos. I hate that I make them, but it is what it is, homeboy. I use voice to text because my hands are usually busy. I was cooking several meals at one time, quickly washing one side of a car, visiting with my oldest, and transporting newly cut to fit vinyl siding to the helpers putting it on a building when we were texting this last time. I do not do it all perfectly, but the Lord knows I try to perform well and get a lot of ground covered. I tell people to expect typos if they start to text with me because it's going to happen. 

Now, you can take this to the bank: If you contact me again, I will resume witnessing to you. I promise you that. No matter what kind of language or side issues you try to bring up, I am going to tell you in my own words the story of "Jesus crucified!" If you can't handle that, then please don't text me again. 

For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2 

With the love that can only be because of the work God has done in me,

Wendy

*Notice the phrase says "living for Christ." As I responded to you, I am not to judge if you are a Christian or not. My job is to fulfill the great commission and witness to you. Spiritually speaking, there are three kinds of people. Unsaved, Christians, and Carnal Christians. A carnal Christian can out sin a sinner, but they are still covered under the blood of Jesus. When you witness to a carnal Christian, you can help pull them out of sin. A spirit-filled Christian is never offended by someone witnessing to them because they understand the great importance and the love it takes to do so. I rejoice when strangers witness to me..and then I call them my brother or sister in Christ!! If the one you are witnessing to is a sinner, they could come to eternal salvation. The way I see it, we can't lose sharing the Good News!! Even if they are ugly towards you when you do it! Even if they murder you for it!! I have done a bit of Bible study on the three different spiritual states and highly recommend others do one also. Text me if you would like to discuss it. :-)

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21