Thursday, July 13, 2023

Clogged Ears?

Eustachi3

 Ever since I was a child, I have had issues with my ears clogging which resulted in ear infections. I was told I have a curve in my ears that makes it easy for them to retain fluid. Recently, I was exposed to a cold virus which was very mild but had some congestion. Like always, it went straight to my ears.

My friend Tom has the same issues with everything going to his ears too. He was told about a device that helps open clogged ears. He tried it, and it helped him. He shared the name with me. Thank you, Tom!!

The NeilMed Eustachi is basically a gentle air pump that puts pressure into your sinus cavities. When you swallow while using it, it helps your eustachian tubes to open. The Eustachi does work. 

I started using it as soon as I received it. I found it worked better for me if I was sipping a straw while using it. Now, you have to get a firm seal as you apply it to your nostril. You have to pinch the other nostril closed and close your mouth. So, I received some strange looks as I sat there doing those things while drinking through a straw. 

My ears were seriously clogged, and it was making me miserable. A difference was felt the first few times I used it. I continued to use it about 20 times the first day. The next day, the pressure was not so oppressive. I could function at a higher level. I continued to use it on the second day and continued to see improvement day. By the third day, my ears were only a little congested. 

I did get a little dizzy feeling off and on, but that makes sense since our inner ears vestibular system influences balance. Other than that, it was very helpful to me. I am sharing here to help someone else with this aggravating condition.

My love to all!