Saturday, January 12, 2019

Around Here 2019

Clint and I have been taking more frequent long weekends away. We head out again and will not return until Tuesday. I love being able to minister to others! While we are away, Brandon is going to come home to spend the night with his siblings. We do not have internet or reliable cell service where we go, so we always coordinate with him and Amanda to make sure things go smoothly.

There have been major equipment issues where Clint works that have affected contracts. A critical machine was down and the "big boss" came in to help. Clint was able to share with him some ideas he'd like to implement that had been ignored by others. This boss listened to Clint, likes the ideas, and wants to proceed. 

Brandon purchased a Mustang and may try to sell his Jeep. He is on the fence about fixing or selling the Jeep. He has two beehives doing very well this winter in his gazebo. I may give him my hive to care for next spring since I will not be home as often as I thought. We often help each other out with gardening, etc. 

Amanda is working and enjoying home ownership. She works nights and that life isn't easy, but she is managing it well. Her power bill was through the roof, higher than ours or Brandon's, but we learned her heat pump was running too often due to uneven distribution of heat in her house. She has a implemented the use of a fan to see if that helps.

Joshua is enjoying his job and has saved almost all of his earnings to date. He is a huge help to me and makes sure I take care of myself. He is doing very well in his college courses. He is either working, working on his college, or playing computer games usually while Brandon is also online.

Caleb is getting the hang of his second job as maintenance man at the restaurant where he also works in the kitchen. His employer has praised him over and over. He has to replace a light bulb on a sign recently and asked Clint to go with him to help watch over his safety. He also borrowed Clint's ladder to save his boss from having to buy one. 

Bethany received a lot of art materials for Christmas and has been enjoying them. We have not started her driving instruction yet because we do not want her to complete it too far ahead of when she takes the written test. She has been getting in some driving practice on our farm. We also have not started her college courses yet. She is enjoying the break and using the time to pray about her future.

Emily and Hannah have started back to school. They are pretty much self taught at this point following the Switched on Schoolhouse program. I grade their work once every week or two and go over anything that has them confused. They love the new gaming computers they received for Christmas. Sometimes their brothers take a bit of time to play with them to help them out in Mine Craft which makes it more fun for the girls.

Me? There were a lot of changes in our family last year. Changes beget more changes, but that keeps life from becoming boring. I am looking for ways to adapt our resources for better stewardship.  I have a business I had stopped that I am starting back up again. There is the project we have underway. I am also going to pack up our "guest RV" and sell it. It needs some work and I'd rather put the time into other ventures. After I sell that, I plan to take a building and make a tiny guest suite/craft area/office in it. So, I am cleaning out our other buildings so I can empty out the one, if that make sense. I am also toying around with the idea of having a space made for an RV so we can have a live in spring/summer farm hand. Life is very full! As soon as I get home from a long weekend, I am playing "catch up." It's all good things!! I am often eager for bedtime, but I also look forward to the new day. 


Psalm 119:45 
I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.