Thursday, January 03, 2019

Dreaming of Spring and a New Bike

We like hiking, camping, and backpacking and have plenty of quality, lightweight gear for those activities. And, I mean like enough gear to outfit a dozen people. We've been gathering equipment for 30 years!

We have friends who bikepack and have met other bikepackers while camping. We shared our food, firewood, etc and helped dispose of trash for the weary mountain bikepackers we have come across. 

Bikepacking is basically camping through an area on a bike. We like bikes; we like camping! It's close to what we already do, so we think it would be a good extension and a new way to explore as a couple.

In looking for equipment, I found a gem! I really like this unique bike tent that allows you to store your bike inside the tent with plenty of room to sleep. It weighs less than five pounds so it's an easy carry on a bike.

I'd really like to take a bikepacking tour of New England, but I know it won't be any time soon since my spring, summer, and fall are already planned. That's OK, because I also need to find a new bike since I gifted mine to a friend who had an immediate need for one. It's still fun to dream and plan ahead while killing a little time.