Friday, January 18, 2019

Family Calendar

Since our two youngest boys started working, we implemented a family calendar. It helps us know where everyone is in case of emergency and so we can watch out for each other. 

Caleb came to me earlier this month. His manner was very serious. "Mom, Joshua's schedule says he was to leave work at 11. It's been two hours, and he is not home." I read the underlying message loud and clear: "I'm concerned. Find my brother."

Joshua had entered his schedule into the calendar incorrectly. He corrected it when he arrived at work, but he turned his phone off before the change was implemented. So, our phones did not update until after he got off work and turned his phone on again. We called his boss and learned what happened, so we didn't have to worry for long.

It made my heart warm to know Caleb was looking out for his brother though.