Thursday, October 07, 2021

Just home from the hospital (Gift idea)

Clintgifthospital

He looks pretty good for a guy who just got home from the hospital!

They had told us he'd be there 5-7 days because of CoVid, but they had to release him after 36 hours because his labs were too good to justify keeping him there. Read yesterday's post to learn the story.

Since I was told he'd be there a week and was about to get very sick, I wanted to get him a visual reminder he is loved and prayed for by our family. I am not big on sending cut flowers because there is no lasting value. Plus, what manly man wants a bunch of flowers? 

So, I found him this Lego Bonsai at about half of what a delivered gift would have cost. It also will go well with the live bonsais in his office. He loves it!! 

The only thing is they released him faster than it was delivered (next day) so I hesitated a moment and wondered if I should save it for Christmas instead! I decided to give it to him now so Bethany, Emily, and Hannah could help him put it together. Then he gets the extra gift of making memories with his girls.