Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Please pray for Paige

Oct 20: "she is struggling physically and mentally again. She hasn't been able to eat since Saturday. But we are clinging to the promise of healing. Knowing we are where God wants us, at least for right now." Paige is already so thin that when she can't eat, her heart struggles. This has put her in the hospital many times. The doctors at the hospital said her nutritional intake is so low and her body is so worn, her heart can't function like it should. The pictures of Paige are hard to look at. She is very, very thin. When she can eat, she is struggling with gastroparesis. Please pray for my friend's daughter, my friend, and the entire family. The situation is critical.

After today's Dr visit: "Some of Paige's crashes were an emotional response, manifesting in physical pain. She doesn't realize it, or even see it, but it's there. We saw her Dr yesterday afternoon and discussed this with him. The mind-body connection and how emotional trauma or emotional response can be causing some of her pain. After talking and testing her, he agreed that an emotional response is definitely at play." I totally get this and believe it is likely because I was told the CA-EBV causes a stronger physical response in me to the stressors of life. In fact, I had miscarriages where the doctor felt that the stress I had been under was a primary cause.

Oct 19: Paige's mom shared this: "I woke up this morning wavering. Wavering in my faith, wavering in the treatment plan for Paige... I am scared. I am confused. I am weak. I am worried. I am tired. I am all the things the evil one wants me to be. I am not confident in who I am, what I am doing, or in Christ's victory. This happens when you see your child struggle, day after day, after day. And cry in pain. And ask to die. You become weak, scared, tired, and weary. As I was scrolling through IG, I saw this verse. It hit me hard. Even in the storm, I need to believe. I need to be unwavering in my faith. A prayer for me, to have a clear mind, a believing faith, and a thankful heart."

Please pray for my friend and her family.

Oct 18: Paige's mom shared that Paige has lost all of the progess she had made. Things are desperate again. Paige can't eat and is feeling horrible and is in pain. She has an appointment tomorrow at 3 with a doctor they hope can help. 

"Please pray this prayer for us today. We need a miracle, we need a breakthrough, we need a break.

Lord, we are feeling defeated. We do not know if there is anything we can do to fix the situation we are in. The obstacles in front of us seem unconquerable. The weight is placing a burden on my heart. In Psalm 46:1, you say: “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble”. Help us to accept and remember this truth as we fight for healing. We are laying out our fear, weariness and defeat before you so that you can help restore us. Please comfort us, give us peace and mend our heart. We pray that these defeated feelings will STOP, and WE can rise again, PRAISING you for your victory over pain and disease. We pray TOGETHER in the name of Jesus Christ, amen"

Oct 4: Paige's mom shared this beautiful prayer which tells us a lot of the prayer need. I know this young lady has had some terrible mental struggles that I would not wish upon any soul. Lyme is cruel in so many ways. I can tell you from the severity of the dreams Clint had when he was in the worst of it, the dreams have a very dark element to them. 

"O Father, God of salvation, I lift up Paige and I give her, her mind and her thoughts to you. The devil is filling her mind with lies Lord, help her to remember you have paid the price for our sins, she doesn't need to be under the weight of her thoughts, her depression, her sadness or her pain. Let her mind be renewed with your word. Lord, being healing to her thoughts and her mind. Expose every lie the devil has been feeding her. Give her perfect peace and remove any and all negative thoughts of suicide, guilt, depression or shame from her mind. In Jesus name we pray and believe. Amen."

Oct 1: Paige is a long-time fighter of Lyme and a sweet friend's daughter. She turns 21 this weekend. She is completely bedridden and unable to eat due to vagus nerve damage. 

Please join us in prayer for a miracle for Paige and her family. Paige also has two siblings with Lyme.

Thank you to all who pray for Paige.