Monday, April 11, 2022

Ladder Story

A few weeks ago, Clint was working on a ladder repairing a roof. He was near the top of the ladder, so I stopped what I was doing and stood on the bottom rung to give him more stability. I asked Clint to please be careful with the tools he was setting on the roof so they didn't fall my way. He said, "In all of the years we've been married, I have never dropped a tool on you." Me: "You have come very close which is why I am asking you to be aware of where you are placing them." Clint with a mischievous tone: "If I drop a tool on you, you just shake it off and get back to work." I stepped off the ladder, grabbed it with both hands, looked up at him, and asked, "Exactly how much life insurance are you carrying right now?" He laughed all day over that, but he didn't drop any tools. :-D We met in high school, and I do not think we have stopped cutting up. Being married to someone you can laugh with is a blessing.