Friday, April 29, 2022

Please pray...

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/gloucester/gloucester-7-eleven-clerk-arrested-accused-of-assaulting-customer-with-baseball-bat-over-gaming-machine-winnings/ copy and paste

Teresa is a person our family has known for 27 years. She is one of the first people we met when we moved in 1995. She has always treated us well and is a kind and generous person. She loved on our babies and still looks out for them today, especially Joshua who gets coffee from where she worked. 

Teresa has had a hard life. She's a fighter. While I am not claiming she is perfect, there is a lot to admire about her and how she conducts herself. In spite of the obstacles in her way, she worked two and three jobs to give her daughter "a better life " by putting her through college. 

When her daughter was married, her new husband offered to pay off the college debt. Teresa said "No, thank you. This is the one thing I am going to give my daughter. I want her life to be better than mine, and I am going to be the one to give her this." She would give us updates on how much progress she had made on the college loans. We would see her after she had worked 8 hours at one employer and was finishing up four hours at the other. As exhausted as she was, she was always polite and very friendly.

After seeing the news, I contacted Teresa's daughter to see if there was anything our family could do to help. Teresa's daughter says this story is not being represented fairly by the media. Based on what I know about Teresa, I believe her.

It would be very out of character for Teresa to behave like this without provocation. Dozens of other people have said the same as they came to her defense on social media. She has an overwhelming amount of support. There has to be more to this story.

Pay attention to the fact that the police were called and when and why. 

Our family has reached out to Teresa and offered to write a letter regarding her character. 

Since I was not there, I do not know what happened. BUT, I know this story is not adding up to what is being put out by the media. Scores of people are standing up for Teresa. Teresa had to have felt threatened to have hit a person. I strongly suspect she was defending herself.  I could be wrong, but until I see proof otherwise, that is what I believe.

*****************

For BOTH parties, we are truly sorry this horrible thing has happened. May the Lord make the truth known, and may His mercy rule over both parties.