Thursday, October 20, 2022

Low threshold

MartyFitting2

Marty will soon be 13 years old. She gets cold in the winter, and this winter is looking like it will be even colder.

One at a time, I ordered THREE outfits after carefully following the directions and measuring Marty. I even had people go behind me to make sure they got the same measurements. I used the measurements and the sizing charts on the vendors' pages to place my order.

Every outfit was the wrong size. All of them were way too big. She could walk right out of them!

And yes, I still use the socks as "sweaters" for the dogs. However, Marty has put on weight and doesn't fit in those as well as she did. I can get her in one, but it's not fun for her or for me.

I have a low threshold for aggravating things like this. I did my part, but the manufacturer did not do their part. Three times! Instead of returning the last one, I decided to alter it to fit her. I cut off the material I did not need around her neck and sewed it shut. Then I shortened the strap at her waist. The length was shortened from where I altered the neck area. Now I can help this very loyal girl of mine stay warmer this winter. I am very thankful to God for my ability to sew. I learned a little in Home Economics in ninth grade. The rest, I have taught myself by just doing it.

My beloved Maggie had a $5 jacket I purchased at Roses. That and a sock sweater is all she needed in the winter for her 12.5 years. I sure do miss my tiny white poodle. The tiny black poodle is becoming a good adventure buddy though. Marty is always beside me. She cries the whole time I get my shower. She sleeps most of the time, so I call her my "Sleeping Beauty." She is nice company to have around when the CA-EBV fevers make me slow down like they have recently.

Dear Reader, Since I altered this one, I found several dog outfits for $2 each in a thrift store. They are all too large for Penny and Marty, but so were all of the ones I carefully measured for and ordered! I'm in the same place, but for less money! WIN!! :-D I'll alter those soon. I am so thankful I can sew. What skills have you used today that you can give thanks for?