Tuesday, February 22, 2022

How I Make Inexpensive "Clothes" for a Tiny Dog (Quick and Easy)

maggieclothes


Maggie is tiny. Her body is less round than a canning jar. I have tried buying her XS and XXS coats from the pet store when they were on sale. They do not stay on her. She also hates them.

This is what I do for her. I love it because it does not cost me a lot of money or time. She does not work to get out of them like she has other "clothes." She will come to me when I hold one out so I can put it on her, so I am pretty sure she likes them.  

I take a sock (usually an old one) and cut it like you see above for her. I have the end folded over so it fit into the picture. If you look, you can see where I cut holes for her front legs. I make x cuts and then stretch it for her skinny little legs. I do not hem it or anything.  To put her on it, I roll it up like a sock :-) and pull it over her head.

When I shared how I use socks for Maggie on FB, I had people write me telling me I needed to find someone who can make her custom clothing. "They only charge me $50 per outfit plus shipping!" LOL! I don't normally spend that much on MY clothes. LOL!!

There is a very common misconception that love is equal to the amount of money spent. That fallacy perpetuates materialism.

I love my little poodle. She is very dear to me and has been a fun companion for 11-12 years now. I am not going to spend a lot of money on clothes to keep her warm for a few weeks in winter. The rest of the time they are in storage. I prefer to make the money I get to work a lot harder than that for my family.

Maggie's favorite sock to wear is an OLD wool sock that our family took turns wearing for many years. The companion to it bit the dust, so I turned the survivor into a "coat" for Maggie. She has worn it during the worst of our winters for several years now. It's not pretty, but I am proud of my stewardship of our finances and resources which honors the Lord and blesses my family. 

Those pennies I pinched until they screamed became screaming quarters which became screaming dollars which ended up becoming financial investments that give my family a very good return every month. When I share with younger people what we have now, they really want it for themselves. However, most are not willing to make those sacrifices to get to that destination.