Saturday, November 19, 2022

Passing Through Campfire Meals

CoalRoadStopforSupper

The logs with spruce branches tucked in between serve as a wind block for the fire. Mountain tops are often windy.

CoalRoadSupper
Crack chicken with broccoli is easy to fix on the road. It's not pretty to look at once mixed, but it is tasty and hearty.

CRCountryBoy
We literally left within an hour from making our decision to go exploring. I forgot the pot holder. My country boy adapts and overcomes. FYI, I have my own multi-tool in my backpack which I use as a "purse." My "purse" carries items that kept us comfortable on our recent off-roading mishap. Life experiences have shaped me a little differently than most, but God created me to be a unique being. I am supposed to be a little different!

CRHickoryStump
Chips from this old hickory stump have flavored many a meal.

Coal Road is a halfway point between most of our adventures lately, so we often stop there for a meal and a break from being on the road. Sometimes we'll spend a night depending on how far we are going.

This particular time, we only stopped to make supper and enjoy the mountaintop view before going to our motel. Supper took a little longer, but it worked out for good. A late 20s dating couple new to off-roading had a tire go down. He had just put new tires on his truck and the old tire changing kit did not fit. We saw him from a good distance limping along until he got to us. He asked if we could help. Clint had all the tools he needed to do the job in the suburban. They were very grateful. That meeting was definitely a "divine appointment." Please pray for the young woman. She carries some heavy burdens. I believe she needed to hear what I shared with her. It definitely touched her heart.

On a side note, she thought I was her age. When I told her I have a 30-year-old son, she stumbled backward and grabbed her chest. I'm 53, so I took being mistaken for late 20's as a very nice compliment! I really really REALLLY don't think I look that young, but it was very nice to hear.