Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Scared, Sad About America's Waning Influence?

A friend of mine said she finds the events happening sad and scary. She is very disturbed by America's weakening. I shared what I believe the Lord impressed upon my heart. I share it here in case it can also help others:

In some aspects, yes, it is sad and scary. I was mourning for America until I felt the Holy Spirit nudge me about wanting my will (my country strong) vs the Lord's will for this time period. That really helped me. I am concerned for my lost extended family members, but I surrendered to God's will and plan there too. Surrendering to Him brings us such peace and comfort. Mostly, I am excited because I know we will be with the Lord soon. The Author of these things has shared with us that these events are necessary and are happening according to His will and for a reason. We can have joy knowing He is fully in charge and wins this big battle. It may not look like it on many fronts right now, but we have the victory! -w

*****

a reply: "That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I imagine we almost are feeling what the disciples felt in a way. Jesus told them that His death must come to pass and He would be risen up. How scary that must have been for them to witness, especially during His crucifixion. The things that are happening now and coming to pass must also happen. God is completely in control and wins." -f