Tuesday, November 14, 2023

don't tell me about it because it scares me

When I was pregnant and extremely sick with severe hyperemesis gravidarum, nothing the doctors were doing was helping me. I started using herbs and alternative therapies and there was a noticeable improvement in one to two weeks. My doctor commented on the change and asked what was working. I told him I was using natural and alternative medicine. He immediately drew back from me. "Well, whatever you are doing, it's working. Keep doing it. But, don't tell me about it because it scares me."

He is not the only doctor who had this response. They could see what I was doing was making a difference, but they did not want to know more about what I was doing so they could learn.

Why does a medical degree make doctors afraid of using what is natural and readily available? 

Sharing that, I will also share that I have had a few doctors who were very interested in learning. I was able to share information including scientific research so they could help others. But, those were very few and far between. 

I have two nurses who want me to write a book with them. They have the medical credentials, and I have the herbal knowledge and decades of experience using it. I am contemplating it.