Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Elderly Falls Vitamin D Levels (Mushrooms)

As I was researching mushrooms this morning, I came across this. I am sharing because I have four or five friends who have fallen recently.

Beelman also said that more nutritionists are investigating whether vitamin D can enhance sports performance. Researchers have already demonstrated that vitamin D supplements can improve the mobility of elderly people who, because they are vitamin D deficient, may be more at risk of falling, Beelman said.

https://www.psu.edu/news/research/story/ultraviolet-flashes-can-create-vitamin-d-enriched-mushrooms/

FYI for those who like to learn naturally healthy ways: You can expose certain types of mushrooms to approx 14 hours of summertime sunlight to convert ergosterol to ergocalciferol (Vit D2) with a potency of around 46,000 IU. If stored properly, the mushrooms will hold the D2 at near-first preserved levels for at least a year.

Dear Reader, God has been so good to us with all He has provided. Even at 54 years old, I still love to research and learn because it always makes me marvel at His creation and reflect on who He is. I fall in love with Him more and more the more I learn. All His ways are good! My love to all!