Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Would you like to build up/encourage Bethany?

Bethany asked me to mail her swan collection to her. These were dozens of swans we had collected over her childhood years. A few of them were from the 1940s and 50s. Each one of them had the date it was given and a love note from Clint and me written on the bottom. They were a physical representation of the love between us, and she wanted that with her in Chicago.

I personally wrapped and packaged them. I used two entire rolls of bubble wrap and several recycled packaging materials. I was very careful and thorough. 

I think the "FRAGILE" stickers on the boxes triggered a miserable soul because they worked hard to break nearly every swan in the two boxes. 

They weren't just broken. They were shattered into little bits. Even the thick glass and resin ones were destroyed.

Bethany is heartbroken. 

I counseled her to pray for the person who broke her figurines. We will file the insurance claim, but it will not be enough to recreate the collection.

To make lemonade out of the lemons that were thrown at her, we are going to recreate her swan collection. It will look different, but the love will be there. I am inviting you to help us encourage and uplift Bethany.

If you are in a thrift store and see a swan and would like Bethany to have it:

Please find an inconspicuous place to write an encouraging note and put a date. It's the personal sentiments that meant the most to her. Feel free to simply send a card or a note.

You can mail them to:

Swans for Bethany
PO Box 244
Achilles, VA 23001 

and I will get them to her.