Sunday, December 10, 2023

All I know now is partial and incomplete

Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.
1 Corinthians 13:12

As a parent, you do not always tell a child every detail because the knowledge might be a detriment to them. Likewise, for reasons He knows, Father God has not given us all of the answers. 

I do not allow myself to be pulled into debates over matters that can not definitively be answered on this earth. There's no good sense in being distracted by it since we only have part of the picture. We know exactly what God wants us to know for the purposes only He fully knows. Once we are with God, we will know "everything completely." 

I have peace knowing that the God who intimately made me and knows me, down to the ever-changing number of hairs on my head, knows how to get my attention and communicate with me. If there is information I need to know, the Holy Spirit will direct my attention to where it needs to be. 

Otherwise, I can be at peace knowing that I know exactly what I need to know as I work to keep the main thing the main thing...sharing the Gospel.