Tuesday, December 26, 2023

What I do for sinus and ear infections...

I wrote this for a friend who has an entire family sick with sinus/ear infections. I am not a medical doctor, but I am an experienced certified medicinal herbalist mother of seven who uses natural medicine extensively for our family, pets, and livestock. Use my method at your own risk. My love to all!

"If xxx can handle the sinus rinsing, she can do 1.5 to 2 saline packets (it burns sometimes, but it kills the crud and pulls it out) with 5 drops of tea tree oil (which is antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal). We also use garlic juice which has the same properties. Grapefruit seed extract can also be used. 

If the salt dries her passages out, Xlear makes one with xylitol. That moisturizes the sinuses and the xylitol also has antimicrobial properties. 

It can take a few days of consistent rinsing if the infection has gone on for a while. It also helps reduce the congestion so I can sleep for a while. 

I have children who can not handle the sinus rinsing. They lay face up with their head hanging off the edge of the bed a little, drip drops of the saline + tea tree oil into their sinuses, and let it work its way through. 

We rinse (or do the drip method) 4-5 times a day at first and then keep doing it at least once a day 2-3 days past when we are breathing easier. I never need to use antibiotics for family sinus infections because this always clears them up. 

Garlic juice can be dripped into the ear to help that too. 

I dislike the sinus rinsing. It is abnormal, but it works, so I do it. The more I have done it, the easier it has become."