Friday, December 08, 2023

My Fencing Job

Fencing

While family members were using the Rammer Jammer (aka t-post driver or post pounder), I struggled to keep ahead on cutting wire to tie the panels to the posts. I got the job because I am the fastest at it. There were two teams installing the fence which made it very fast to get the biggest part of the job done, but it also meant the wire lengths had to be cut quickly to keep up with them.

We do not like the clips that come with the t-posts because they do not hold well. We came up with our own method which has worked exceptionally well for our needs for decades now. We affix each panel to three posts with four wires tying the panel to each post. When I would take a break to rest my hands (we use thick wire and the wire cutters are a little big for my hand) I would help the others move cattle panels and t-posts into place. I cut about 800 wire lengths in one morning.