Friday, August 16, 2019

Around Here August 2019

Clint, Brandon, Amanda, Joshua, and Caleb all had great reviews from their employers and received raises! Caleb's was the best at $1.50 an hour!

Clint and I have the business opportunity we are pursuing. As soon as the other side gets their paperwork finished, it will be a done deal. At work, his employer just won two big contracts with well known brands which is very good. We also learned we are related to lifelong friends in our hometown through his family and mine. We've enjoyed the visits, the meals out, fellowship, and sharing of information as these relationships are taken to a deeper level. God is good!

Brandon is doing very well and is seeking the Lord on something that could bring a big change to our family. We will see where the Lord leads.

Amanda has been doing great. Her water heater sprung a leak and damaged her laundry room, but she got to work fixing it. 

Joshua will be training new hires. It pays a dollar extra an hour on top of the good raise he just received. He is also considering changing his major. He loves the big responsibility, fast pace, sense of urgency, excitement, and the need to work closely as a team at his current job. He's come to the conclusion that while he's enjoyed and is thankful for what he's learned in his law studies, he will never be happy with the hours of desk time the job requires. We are happy he has the insight and maturity to make a change.

Caleb is working three jobs, selling his woodworking on the side, and is 40% through his college courses. He has been offered TWO other temporary jobs, but he says he thinks he will pass. He replaced the rear differential in his SUV recently too saving himself quite a bit. 

Bethany is doing well in both college and behind the wheel. Clint has her driving short trips in low traffic to build her confidence. She's our shorty, so driving the suburban is quite a bit for her to handle right now. She is doing fantastic at running things at home when I am called away. Sometimes she and the girls stay in another place while I am gone too. When that happens, the boys take care of things at home for us. She's proven herself responsible, trustworthy, and very capable. Since she likes to stay up late, I often get her to stay up to make sure Caleb gets home safely since he closes the restaurant a few nights a week. 

At first, I made our three youngest girls travel with me. After I saw how hard it was on them, I asked them what their preference was. They said they missed home. So, I am letting them stay home or with someone else in a nearby area. I am in close contact with them throughout each day. 

Emily and Hannah are still loving the pool and are doing well in their school work. I am enjoying observing their very close sister relationship. They are the best of friends. Emily even asked for a gift for her birthday that she knew Hannah wanted. Once Em received it, she gave it right to Hannah. Sweetness!

If plans stay the same as they are this week, Clint and I will not be traveling quite as often or be away from home as much once fall arrives. We will be juggling more, but it will be mostly close to home. I have enjoyed seeing everyone and traveling, but I am ready to be home more! 

Dear Reader, We covet your prayers for our family. Thank you from the depths of my heart to those who pray for us. How can our family pray for you and yours? Please send us an email through the address in the header.


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 
Philippians 4:4

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; 
my only aim 
is to finish the race 
and complete the task 
the Lord Jesus has given me
the task of testifying to the 
good news of God’s grace. 
Acts 20:24