Saturday, August 31, 2019

For the Hurting: How God Sees You: Recognize Your Reality

Please excuse the typos. This is something I put together very quickly recently to help someone. I shared something similar years ago, but it must have been accidentally deleted while preparing the blog for a back up. This is a battle I know well because this is how I had to fight my own severe internal struggles. Those who have heard my full spoken testimony say it is very powerful. The reason it is powerful is the truth you will find in these verses. I had to repeat something very similar to the first paragraph many, many times to myself. Sometimes I have to remind myself again. None of the lies of the enemy or the lies of others can stand in the light of God's Word.
**********

Dear one, you are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of your loving Creator. You are so precious in the Lord's sight that He knit you in your mother's womb (a hands on, individual, and detailed work), knows the numbers of hairs on your head (cares about the details of your life), and collects your tears in a bottle so He can wipe them away Himself later (a tender, deeply caring and loving Father). 

You are precious to Him! While only the wealthy and famous have earthly bodyguards, He has set His angels (Heavenly bodyguards) to watch over you. He has chosen and appointed you, called you from darkness to light, and loves you so deeply He gave His son to die to pay your penalty for your sins so you could be heirs with Christ and bear fruit that will last an eternity. He calls you a chosen race, a royal priesthood, His friend, a member of His household, and tells you that through Christ, you are a conqueror and an overcomer! 

His love and mercy for you have no end! He has removed your sins as far as the east is to the west...infinitely apart from you! If the God of the universe can show you unending love and mercy, don't you think you can show yourself a little too? Find your worth in what Jesus has done for you. A Holy Magnificent Almighty God, who even notices you or I, and then gives His Son to die for us while we were still filthy in our sins...places a very, very, very high value on us....we are priceless! You value is right there in what Jesus did. An all-seeing, all-knowing, all powerful God deemed you worth dying for! 

Let that hurt that hinders you, and that you are holding onto so tightly go, and grab ahold of God's truth about who you are ...and get to work learning more about Him, doing what He has asked of you, and living for Him so others may see through your life what He has given you and also offers to them. Drink deeply from His Word, His love letter to you. Now, go back and read this again, slowly, and let the words sink in until you recognize your reality.
**********

Don't fall for the deception of the "imposter syndrome." This syndrome is identified by feelings of unworthiness and failure which cannot be erased even in face of a wealth of information that proves that the opposite is true. Break free from that. There's plenty of proof in the verses below to convince anyone of God's love for and value of them. Don't let your fear/self doubt/deep hurt keep you from being free.

Don't allow any negative self talk. Renew your mind, transform it with God's Word. Every time you have a negative thought towards yourself, challenge it with God's view of you. Self discipline to bring your view of self into line with God's Word. It will take time and repetition. You are worth the effort. As you undertake this, show yourself grace.

Be your own best friend. If you would not say it to your most loved relative or friend, don't say or think it about yourself. If you do, you are your own enemy! Be your own encourager!

Don't fall for the deception that God's Word is for everyone except you. Beat down so low I could not raise my head to see God's love for me, I felt that as a young person. It followed me into early adulthood. Sometimes we can be so damaged down by other people's words, opinions of us, and actions towards us that we feel like it is impossible for anyone to love us, even God. It's not true!! He loves you! He loves you! He really, truly does love you with a pure, unfailing love that is unlike any love you've ever experienced. He loves you! Post it on your wall, set it as the wallpaper on your devices, set reminders so your personal assistant announces it every so often, put alarms in your phone to remind you, repeat it to yourself often. Repeat it until you believe Him! He loves you! 

Does God lie? No!!! Then believe what He says about you and your worth to Him.


Read what God has done for you and what He thinks of you. Read them aloud. There is healing for you in these words. 

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. Psalm 103:8

In fact, even the hairs on your head are all numbered. Do not be afraid; you are more valuable than many sparrows. Luke 12:7

You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. Psalm 56:8 

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. Revelation 21:4

You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.  1 Corinthians 6:20

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him. Psalm 103:11-13

Since you are precious in My sight, Since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life.  Isaiah 43:4

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 15:15-16

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 1 Peter 5:6 

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8 

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. . Psalm 34:3-5

Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. Ephesians 2:19-22

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.  1 Peter 2:9

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to Him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. Romans 8:1-2

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. Lamentations 3:22-23

Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 2 Corinthians 3:5

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. Psalm 37: 23-24

The battle is not ours, but God's. 2 Chronicles 20:15

 Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11

But now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1

He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:10-12

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 87-39

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, Colossians 1:13

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16


Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
I John 5:5

Now that you know the way out, do as I have done...share the Way with someone else.