Friday, February 07, 2020

Hobbit's Dream 3 of 3

19

18

17

16

14
picts by Joshua and Bethany

Brandon, Joshua, and Bethany enjoyed their visit to Hobbit's Dream so much, they want to go back and see it when everything is in bloom. They also want to take another class and get Caleb to go with them. They LOVED their time at Hobbit's Dream.

The host, Randy, was very kind towards our three children. He took extra time with them. He took Bethany aside, let her choose the colors and style of a broom he made, and taught her as he went. Then, he gave her the broom which has her initials on it! Brandon, Joshua, and Bethany mentioned Caleb's woodworking. The host gave them a tour of his shop and sent things home for Caleb to make his own pipe. Mr. Holland's wife, was recovering from laryngitis, so they did not see much of her.

I was floored when the children arrived home and immediately handed me a gift from their host. "Why is he giving me a gift?" I asked bewilderedly. As the trio of Asbells were leaving to head home, Randy met with them and gave them a gift for me. He told them to tell me that they were a delight work with and very proficient in the shop. They stood out as different from most of his guests. He told them I had done such a great job raising them that he wanted to give me a gift. He sent me home a beautiful broom called a dragon's wing broom. Thank you very much, Randy! Every time I look at it, I think of your kindness to my children and thoughtfulness to me.

Thank you, Father, for leading our family to a different path called homeschooling. It has shaped our lives, marriage, family, work ethic, and so much more. My heart often wondered how it would turn out in those early years because we were embarking on something foreign to us. When you begin something, you can't always see the outcome, but the proof doesn't come until the work is done. Thank you, Lord, for being worthy of my hesitant trust and for making my family stand out as different from the "normal crowd" ...for You! I am so glad we followed where you led. To God be the glory forever and ever.