Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Bye Goose and Thank You Jesus

I lost a goose that I had for over 10 years today. It could simply hear my voice and come running and flying to me honking with exuberant joy. That made conversations in the yard or by an open window challenging but having a creature take such great delight in you is something very special. I still have the rest of my "paparazzi" flock and they do the same, but I still hate losing one. I know it was "just a goose," but it hurt my heart to say goodbye to my long-time feathered friend. I am reminded and am thankful for a Savior who values the "the one."

I am thankful because

I was "the one."

“What do you think? If any man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go and search for the one that is straying? If it turns out that he finds it, truly I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine which have not gone astray. So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones perish. Matthew 18:12-14

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Thank You, Jesus, for leaving those 99 beautiful sheep to find wretched Wendy.