Friday, February 16, 2024

Prayers for Direction for Wendy, Please

With my particular set of God-given interests and talents, I used to think I should have been born during a different time period. When I was a teen and in my 20s, none of my friends were interested in gardening, animal husbandry, food preservation, herbal medicine, etc. The only people I could get to discuss those topics with me were my grandparents!

With everything that has transpired in the world in the last several years, there has been a huge resurgence in interest in practical self-sufficiency skills. Through a good friend who is involved, I learned communities are acquiring land so they will have the space to teach the many people interested in learning homesteading-type skills. There are big homesteading-type conferences that are packed with people who want to learn from others.

Dozens of people have asked me personally to teach them the very things that I taught myself through books and hands-on learning in the 90s.  I have also been asked to write books and do videos on different topics. A like-minded friend told me I was born for such a time as this and encouraged me to start on-site classes. 

I have just ended my 29.5 homeschooling mother career and fully intend to take something else on, but at this time, I am unsure what direction I should take. I am prayerfully contemplating and watching to see what doors God opens for me. If you feel led, please lift up a prayer on my behalf for very clear leading from the Lord on the direction I am to take. I would be grateful for your prayers in this area.

If you come here looking for homesteading information, please use the search bar in the upper left corner for the particular topic. If you can't find something, send me a message at the email in the header. My love to all.