Thursday, November 29, 2018

Every thing by prayer and supplication

Not many are aware I took an interior design course early in my marriage. It goes hand and hand with my love of home construction and home improvement. I don't really try to incorporate the decoration aspect of interior design in my home because I have to be more practical and economical with our family size and various activities. However, I do enjoy making rooms functional and beautiful. 

I was recently called upon to put my knowledge of interior design to use. What a treat for me! 

The Kitchen Planner was very helpful while designing a kitchen. It was fun and very easy to use! I was able to include all of the existing windows and doors and also all of the elements that the owner wanted. The 3-D view was a really nice feature. The appliance choices did not match up exactly in size with what I had to work with, but it was close enough. Now that the kitchen is in the process of being built, it is turning out much better than I imagined! The home owner has not stopped raving about how it is turning out. I was asked to do the bathroom next.

This was a complicated design. I thought on it for weeks and could not resolve some issues that kept popping up no matter how I laid things out or how long I worked on it. I talked to God about it in detail as I fell asleep one night and asked Him for His help. I woke up with the changes I used in my head the next morning. It was a complete flip from what I had been thinking, and it was perfect for this home. It included everything that was requested in a better way and without the issues I had encountered in previous attempts.

We know God cares about the details in our lives because He tells us to take everything to Him. I have stayed very busy and juggled a lot on my shoulders this past year and am thankful God readily responds to my prayers in such helpful ways. 


Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6