Monday, September 09, 2019

Blessings

Right before the hurricane came through, our opportunity was completed. We just took two big steps ahead toward our long term goals and received an extra blessing along with it!!!! We dreamed of doing this when we were newly married and 19, and now, it is happening faster than we imagined!!!! 

Yesterday, in the sTrAnGeSt of CiRcUmStAnCeS, an old friend recognized Clint. She was so excited to see us because it had been a long while! She actually needed to see us because she had been named executor of a lady's estate so it was an answer to her prayers. She gave us a portion of the lady's estate! We were surprised and very thankful! 

In our travels over the weekend... Amanda found a cat tree/tower and brand new router still in the box. She wanted the cat tree/tower for her pets and needed the router for an upcoming home project. In the course of the three day weekend, Clint found a brand new battery operated drill in the box and brand new skill saw still tie-wrapped in the case. He can put both to use right away. I am deeply humbled at how God looks after my family. We have lacked for nothing. He is faithful and worthy of our praise!

Clint's swamped with work because he is doing his job which is a very full plate... and now he's doing his boss's job too. Our new opportunity needs his attention too. Please pray for his boss's health and for Clint's health, strength, stamina, and endurance because he has so much on him right now. You would think Clint was 30 years old instead of 50 by the way he steps up to the challenges. I have watched him go four days in a row of 15 hour very physical work days in heat and humidity recently. Clint is full of vigor! I am continually impressed by the powerhouse my man is as he gives his very best for his family. He truly puts his mind, body, and soul to loving and taking care of us. God gave me Clint as a best friend, and then He gave him to me again as my husband. 


**************

The only way through it is to just get busy and do it! -Wendy

Not the same as the other mentionings, I have been entrusted with a lot. I do mean a lot. It's overwhelming! I've done similar in the past, but never on this scale. I covet prayers that I will be a diligent steward and that God will bless my efforts in this. I've put in 15 hour days of mostly physical work, and my energy is really lagging today. I'm going back to it later today with my three girls in tow...and maybe a sassy three pound white poodle.

I apologize for typos. Life is extremely busy, and I do not like posting with the tablet. I will get a new laptop sometime soon, I think. 

**************

You can give without loving, but you can not love without giving. 
-Amy Carmichael