Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Around Here November 2019

I am squeezing this in between scheduled events today. I am eating lunch, making a special dinner plan for Sunday, and adding to my grocery list too. Juggling so I can make it out of here by 2 p.m.! As always, please grade my writing with lots of grace.

Clint and I took some time away in October in between Caleb's first and second lung collapse. We did not go very far because we wanted to be able to get home quickly, just in case. We still had lovely views of a local river and a little luxury mixed in with a very peaceful and fun time. Then, it got crazy again! That's life! We hope to get a short time away again in January, but it might be February or later before that happens. The calendar is already full all the way through mid-April!

Clint is still carrying a heavy load at work and in our personal lives, but he is managing it well. I am doing everything I can to take the strain off of him. I am continually impressed by his dedication to me and our family. He loves us so well!

God has allowed Clint and I to accomplish something this year I think is quite an incredible accomplishment for a one income family of nine with three children in college and two homeschooling. The very few people we've told said it is very impressive! I can't share now, but I set a post to share what happened this year for ten years into the future. Hopefully we can share sooner, but, if not, it's there at any rate. It is ALL God's doing! 

I am so thankful to Billy C., Richard S., Amanda A., Timmy B., John G., Linda R., Larry, JW, and so many others for helping us while Caleb was in the hospital. We had some scary moments with some very real concerns for his well-being followed by a chaotic time. I met all of my obligations and deadlines with the exception of some cameras I have not been able to check yet. I could not have done it without help! 

I am trying to find time and places to plant 350 flower bulbs I was gifted and 200 bulbs I purchased. All of the daylilies I gave away in the spring unexpectedly came back to me as different flowers. You truly reap what you sow! I am looking forward to spring already!

ALL of my children ganged up on me and asked me to make my "fast foods" which are (home canned) meals. I make roast beef with vegetables, home raised pork with vegetables, a wide variety of soups, and certain vegetables. Evidently, the larder is bare of their favorites! So, I will be squeezing that in somehow too. 

My Christmas shopping was 95% DONE on November 1. I shop year around and started started shopping in earnest in September. My goal is to have it all wrapped before Thanksgiving. I also hope to break our tradition of decorating on Thanksgiving Day together and decorate a little earlier. 

Brandon just got back from a business trip in GA. He is currently updating his home and making changes inside and out. He, Joshua, and Caleb have plans to travel Europe together next fall. They are planning to meet up with our Polish son, Chris. It should be quite a fun adventure!

Amanda has had exciting news happen last year and this year. I don't feel it is wise to share yet, so we will just say there has been some rejoicing and lots of prayers for direction and wisdom. Sometimes it looks like it is going one way, and then it goes another. We are praying and watching what God does.

Joshua has really helped his boss with the restaurant while Caleb has been out. He was also a big help to me in getting heavy items moved around. He has not had much of a personal life lately but has some outings planned in the very near future. I am very thankful for how much he helped while Caleb was having health concerns.

Caleb will be doing more of the maintenance for his employer which means he will be earning quite a bit more. This starts once he is able to go back on the schedule. He can do that at his discretion. He was released by his surgeon on Monday because he has not used any pain medication at all since leaving the hospital. Caleb made so many friends of varying ages in the hospital. He even has some following his woodworking social media pages. When he went back a second time, some of them even remembered his name. The hospital he went to usually deals with the elderly, so Caleb's youth and energy was enjoyed by the hospital workers.

Bethany makes out like a bandit with her older siblings. Anything they don't want or can't use, trickles down to her. Clothes, shoes, electronics, furniture, and so much more are sent her way. The older siblings also bring home gifts and treats quite often to all of the younger girls. Bethany and Amanda have plans to do a few things to the truck Joshua passed down to Bethany soon. Bethany's confidence in herself has really grown lately. Bethany is sharp and witty!

Emily has become a tremendous help these past few weeks. She has taken over some painting for us and has done a great job with it. She really cares about doing her best at whatever she is doing. She is such a fun loving person and always has a smile. 

Hannah is a hoot! She can deadpan with the best of them and leave us in stitches! Her growth pattern is more like Bethany's than Amanda's or Emily's, so I'm thinking she will be short like our "Boo."

We've caught up with many of you, but there are a few regular readers we would like to hear from. Then, there are the new friends just starting to read. Send us an update through the email in the header and let us know how you are doing and how we can pray for you.

Dear Reader, I share with you one of my favorite verses in closing...


Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.