Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Removing Old Caulk (Sealant) and Shower Liner Tip for Large Families

Our shower doors fell apart while Clint was with Caleb in the hospital. We also had three cars break down...one of them twice, plumbing issues, wood stove obstacles, poacher problems, and more. We had many prayer requests big and small answered too. It was a very eventful time!

When they fell apart, I tried, but I could not see a way to repair the doors. I asked Bethany remove them while I took care of more pressing things. She did a great job!

I ordered an adjustable curved shower rod and extra long heavy duty liner with five thinner liners from Walmart Grocery, and Joshua picked it up as he left work.  I had used a bathroom with the curved shower rod in my recent travels and liked the extra room it provided. The extra long liner really helps keep the water inside of the shower. The weight of that liner seems to help keep it in place. 

The thinner liners will make the nicer liner last longer. We have three times the normal of two children, so things like shower liners don't last long! Then, we have very hard water stains from living along our beautiful York River which is full of heavy iron ore deposits. At 94 cents apiece, the thinner liners are easy solution to keeping our heavily used main bathroom looking nice. 

I put a few of the thinner liners on the rings at one time so all I need to do is remove the dirty one when the time comes. I cut it with scissors which is faster than opening all of the rings one by one to remove a liner. A clean liner is already waiting underneath. It's another time saving trick that has been working good for our family so far!

I let Bethany pick the shower curtain with one condition. It had to match our "ship" decor. She picked this:


bethanyschoice
Bethany has always loved these remarkable creatures.
For her art followers, she has two new drawings I will try to share soon.


I was given a tip from a professional plumber to use isopropyl alcohol to soften the caulk. It worked great! Bethany let it soak in for a few minutes, and then it came up easily with a scrubby pad. 

Dear Reader, I hope you are having a good day and know how special you are in God's kingdom. No matter who you are or what you do, you are valuable to our Father. He loves you more than any words can express.