Thursday, January 12, 2023

I'm a happy girl!

sowingseeds

I have a lot of friends who say they can't grow from seeds.
My advice, try rock wool. It makes it SO easy!
I use rock wool for some things that are harder to grow like lavender.
This particular time, I used it because I didn't want to go get the soil to fill the trays because my plate is full today. Someone gave us a free pig, so I am trying to decide where to put it. I have a trailer of composting material to unload, baby bunnies to sex, puppies to assess, a hoop house to repair, vegetation to cut to feed my goats and rabbits, etc. My days are very full, but I work for myself and am my own boss.

To keep algae and bacteria from growing in the water, research using hydrogen peroxide.

Knowing when it is time to transplant them into cups goes a long way too.

Oh, and keep them CLOSE to the lights. How close depends on the strength and type of grow lights. I use shop lights for most things and my plants are set about an inch under. I raise and lower the trays as needed.
Light-starved plants get leggy and are weakened. Research that too.

Dear Reader, Keep trying until you succeed. You will learn something and get better each time you try. I believe in you! Send me pictures of your failures and your successes. We can figure this out and celebrate together. My love to all!