Thursday, July 29, 2021

I finally bought some! (Egyptian Walking Onions)

egyptianwalkingonions2

Every year, we try to add a perenial fruilt or vegetable to our small farmette.

This year, we are adding Egyptian Walking Onions. The price on these is quite a bit more than regular onions, but the seller was very generous. The Amazon description says 10 bulblets, but the seller sent me 34!! That will allow me to plant in a few areas to increase the odds of success. Hopefully, in a few years, I will have these to share and sell too!

Dear Reader, I have a confession to make. It irks me they are not all lined up in tidy little rows. I DID have them lined up as I counted and sorted them by size, but I lifted the paper towel to relocate them before I snapped the picture for this post. My time is precious, so I snapped a picture after spreading them out a little. We all have our idiosyncrasies and pet peeves. However, as we mature and realign our values and priorities, we learn to work around them and to even let them go. In fact, I have learned that as we grow closer to Christ, we realize imperfection is a form of perfection because of the redemptive and restorative work of grace. As we mature, our pet peeves become fewer too. I think that is because we learn to bear with one another and show grace which causes us to become less offended by others' sins while growing more offended by our own.