Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Silicone Dehydrator Sheets and a Dehydrator Tip

dehydratorsheets

I use these in my dehydrators. 

This is a very good deal (about 50% off the prices I normally see), so I am sharing here so others can take advantage of it also. 

Tip: If you are using an older dehydrator, make sure you turn it off after 12-15 hours and let it cool for a couple of hours before running it again. My older models have been losing their heating element. I noted as I compared an array of newer models that the modern ones all have timers and instructions to allow a cooling period. I hope this helps someone else.

The two square Nesco dehydrators I own do not have the timer. After C-Dawg repairs them, I will give them cool down periods every 12-15 hours. The newer Excaliber knock-off model I just purchased does have a timer.