Friday, July 30, 2021

Prayer for Clint, Please

July 30: Clint's back is much better today! He said the liniment helps loosen the muscles. 

The really neat thing about this liniment is that you apply it in layers once, but it is reactivated when you take a shower. Joshua likes it a lot and offered to be my test subject as I tried to make it hot but not too hot. 

July 29: His pain is a little worse today, but it is not where it was. He did not get the liniment applied last night, and I think that made the difference. 

The liniment I make uses one herb that draws the other two herbs deep into the tissues. The second herb is a pain-relieving/anti-inflammatory herb while the third is a strong muscle relaxing herb. He is also taking ibuprofen 1x a day in the mornings because that is when it hurts the most. He says he is 100% certain it is a baldy sprained muscle. He had some moments last night where his back was not hurting at all, so there is steady progress which is important to see. Once life slows down, I may sell this liniment. People on Etsy are selling a similar recipe for $25 for two ounces. I could sell it for half that and still make a big profit.

My husband has set a godly example of being a dedicated servant of Christ who seeks the make the most of his time on this earth. My wonderful guy will not sit down not even to watch sports. Clint likes to be active and productive. I have him committed to a light weekend, and we will see how that goes. He has three things he would like to accomplish on Saturday. Sunday morning, he is leading a Bible study, so at least that will keep him still. Sunday afternoon, I am going to ask for a 4x4 ride on acres and acres of forest trails we can explore together. That will keep him off his feet. Btw, I am calling on my sons for reinforcement to make him take it easier. ;-)

July 28: Thank you for the prayers and concern. I had him take multiple doses of magnesium water which made the muscles relax and took away most of his pain. He was moving much easier when he left this morning at 5 a.m. 

Magnesium is what doctors have used to slow premature labor contractions. It can be very effective against muscle spasms.

July 27: Clint injured his back loading a lawn mower on the 18th or 19th. He reinjured it last weekend. He is hurting "pretty good." He missed work at his part-time job on Sunday because he knew he could not bend down. He worked Monday and Tuesday switching to mostly office work. He's the boss, so he can get away with that unless something major happens. It hurts me to see my one and only in pain.

If you will, please cover him in prayer for speedy healing.